The Omnicentric Universe

  • J.Walt
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2011
      I have posted a trailer for my longest and most ambitious fulldome
      performance: The Omnicentric Universe. I have been performing and
      evolving this piece in domes (and flat screens) for over a year, and
      finally put this comprehensive trailer.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTuFr7NM358
      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTuFr7NM358>
      or
      http://vimeo.com/21789613 <http://vimeo.com/21789613>

      The Omnicentric Universe is a 45-50 minute piece in which I draw and
      animate a universe in real-time. It is my longest and most ambitious
      performance. It's part of my Spontaneous Fantasia theatrical
      performances in which I create virtual worlds and visual music with my
      own musical compositions, creating an integrated audiovisual odyssey
      that unfolds before an audience.

      The piece fuses themes of cosmic and inner exploration, technology and
      art, exploring the structure of our universe and our place within it.
      Though I perform "Omnicentric" or sections of it in a variety of venues,
      the piece is designed with fulldome in mind, taking advantage of the
      unique qualities and intentions of the space. I even perform it in
      stereo 3D when I have the chance.

      This piece is another step forward for this mode of virtual reality
      performance that I have developed and been practicing for several years.
      The techniques that I've invented allow me to draw in 3D space and
      create the images, structures and landscapes from the strokes of my pen.

      I'll be performing this piece in a program at the Glendale, CA
      planetarium Saturdays, April 2, and May 7, and of course, I'm available
      to perform it at a theater or fulldome near you!

      http://spontaneousfantasia.com

      J-Walt