Second Fulldome Theatre in the Southern Hemisphere!

  • Steven T. Savage
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2004
      Dear Colleagues:

      Just two weeks after announcing the opening of the
      first Full Dome theatre in the Southern Hemisphere,
      it's my pleasure to advise that a second planetarium
      opened today.

      Located in Perth, it is Australia's 6th planetarium and
      at 18 meters, the largest in the Australasia. The
      theatre is equipped with Sky-Skan's SkyVision,
      DigitalSky and SPICE systems.

      The playlist of opening shows is impressive: MARS from
      the National Space Centre (UK), Infinity Express from
      NASM (USA) and the Australian shows, Escape from
      Andraxus and Spinning Out. These two excellent
      productions from the Melbourne Planetarium, originally
      produced in conventional formats, have been converted
      into DigitalSky and the results are very exciting.

      For more information about the theatre, systems and
      content, please go to http://www.skyskan.com/Company/
      and select "Press Releases" from the menu.

      Best regards,

      Steve Savage