¨The Birth of the Solar System¨ re-released by Antares & Loch Ness

  • alezarg
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2010
      Hello everyone!

      As a result of the collaboration between Antares FullDome Productions (www.antares-fulldome.com) and Loch Ness Productions (www.lochnessproductions.com), a brand new English version of the fulldome program ¨The Birth of the Solar System¨ is now available.

      ¨The Birth of the Solar System¨ combines the videography and animation created by Antares FullDome Productions (who originally produced the show in Spanish) with the soundtrack expertise of Loch Ness Productions. This newly updated 2010 version features a revised script by Carolyn Collins Petersen, plus music from the vast resources of the original and popular planetarium space music library created by Mark C. Petersen. Mark also narrates the show and produced the soundtrack.

      ¨The Birth of the Solar System¨
      Duration: 22 min. Audience: general audience
      Synopsis:
      How did our solar system originate? What chain of events led to its creation? Just as detectives look for traces of evidence to solve a mystery, astronomers analyze the evidence that points to the formation of the Sun and planets. In particular, they study the influence that impacts and collisions had on the worlds of the solar system. The most dramatic evidence for this collisional history of solar system evolution are the impact craters found on almost all the bodies in the solar system, including Earth. These surface scars tell us the formation history of planets, moons, and rings was violent. Yet today, we live in a relatively stable solar system, made possible by the shattering collisions that shaped our worlds.

      This program gives us a unique look at the formation of the solar system by tracing the role that collisions played throughout its history. Beginning with the condensation of the initial cloud of gas and cosmic dust, we explore the history of planetary formation and the mechanism of accretion that played an important role in shaping the worlds of the solar system.

      Trailer on You Tube; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoRYNnUqBdg
      Trailer on Vimeo; http://www.vimeo.com/17551189
      Loch Ness Productions; http://www.lochnessproductions.com/shows/antares/bss.html

      For further information on the Antares FullDome Productions programs for digital planetariums, please visit www.antares-fulldome.com or contact me by writing to azaragoza@...