Fw: MARS in Full Dome

  • Steven T. Savage
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12, 2004
      Dear Colleagues:

      Sky-Skan is proud to announce a new show available for license, produced by the National Space Centre, UK.

      Launched at three UK immersive theatres in October 2003, feedback and evaluation from the public and the science community has cited the MARS show as being the National Space Center's best yet, scoring an average of 9.1/10.

      This is what was said at the launch party at the Space Centre:

      "I was very inspired by the Mars show.  The production team has succeeded in delivering a difficult balance between accurately informing and aesthetically 'wowing' the viewer.  Well done to all involved."  Derek Pullan - Beagle 2 Engineer & Researcher

      "Off the cuff, I think this is the best show so far that the team have produced.  It combines a strong and accurate scientific story line with dramatic visual narrative and a light humorous touch.  I went away with my knowledge of Mars enhanced and well informed about the new era of Mars exploration that we are embarking on with Beagle 2 and the MER missions." Alan Wells - Professor Space Technologies, Leicester University, UK

      "In the not to be missed category, the best presentation yet and the animation was super - should pull in the crowds!"  Dick Howard - SPS technologies

      "Very well done, researched and creatively superb."  EADS Astrium (prime contractor for the B2 mission)

      "The show was outstanding."  PPARC Particle Physics And Research Council

              * MARS tells the story of the red planet, past and present, with speculation as to future missions.
              * Designed to be updated as significant information about the current missions unfold (includes US missions just updated)
              * Suitable for public and school audiences
              * Duration 23 minutes
              * Now showing at Glasgow Science Centre, UK; Bristol, UK ; Burke Baker Planetarium, Houston, TX; and Tampere, Finland.  Soon to be showing in Portland, OR and Perth, Australia.

              * Available in full dome, partial dome and 16:9 formats

      For further information on MARS and other National Space Centre shows, please visit our website http://www.skyskan.com or contact Paul Tetu (tetu@...) +1-603-880-8500.

      Best regards,
      Steve Savage