Fulldome Standards Summit at IPS 2004

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9 11:59 AM
      Greetings!

      This email is an open invitation to the planetarium community to
      participate in a Fulldome Stadards Summit as a special session of IPS
      2004 in Valencia, Spain.  With the help of the Denver Museum of Nature
      and Science and Tom Lucas Productions, Spitz has procured funding from
      NSF to sponsor the event. Ed Lantz and Ryan Wyatt will co-chair.  All
      fulldome professionals including vendors are invited to participate,
      and the Summit will be strictly vendor-neutral (other than
      acknowledging our sponsors and Planning Committee volunteers).

      Please take a look at the online description:

      http://research.amnh.org/~wyatt/Community/summit2004_description.html

      Registration is free, and the main sessions should take place during
      the IPS conference, although we hope to hold a one- or half-day
      roundtable at the end of the conference. Paper and panel proposals are
      now being accepted via email (although a web form is on its way), with
      an unfortunately tight timeline of 1 April. We've been scrambling to
      organize the summit as soon as funding came through, and we'd like to
      thank the several community members who have volunteered their time to
      assist us -- you'll see a few of their names on the web site above.

      We're hoping that our special session of IPS can become a regular
      event, providing fulldome professionals and vendors with a forum for
      technical exchange and continued standards development. I you have any
      questions, feel free to contact either of us (wyatt@... or
      elantz@...) at your convenience.

      Best,

      Ryan and Ed: