Re: Looking for crazy ideas

  • Steph&Dann
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 24, 2010
      How about a Vegas style Circ De Sole type show.
      Gymnastics and such with video in the background?
      Kinda corny but it hasn't been done yet. That I know of anyway.
      Dann
    • Harald Singer
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 26, 2010
        Hello Steve

        The time is right for Immersive Cinema. That means fulldome life action
        movies on the dome.

        People want to see people. Nothing can tell a story better, more emotional,
        more touching than a narrative with real people. Nothing can immerse an
        audience better into a story than a life action film in an immersive space
        like a dome.

        We at LivinGlobe are pioneers in bringing life action into the dome. Check
        out our latest award winning Immersive Cinema movie Cosmic Dance: 45 min.
        life action in the dome. http://livinglobe.de/cosmic_dance/index.html

        The film can now be licensed to every dome theatre.

        Before that we produced R+J, Romeo and Juliet by W. Shakespeare told in a
        modern way. Real actors on real sets perform Romeo and Juliet. R+J is a 30
        min. Immersive Cinema fulldome movie.
        http://livinglobe.de/references/raj.php This film can be licensed too.

        Beside that we are happy to develop and produce new Immersive Cinema movies
        with you.

        Please contact us. contact@...

        Regards

        Harald Singer | LivinGlobe

        ----------------

        Harald Singer
        - Director -

        LivinGlobe
        Winzererstr. 49a
        80797 Munich / München
        Germany
        Tel: +49-89-3229985-30
        e-mail: singer@...
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 28, 2010
          --- In fulldome@yahoogroups.com, "Harald Singer" <singer@...> wrote:

          > The time is right for Immersive Cinema. That means fulldome life action
          > movies on the dome.

          > People want to see people. Nothing can tell a story better, more emotional,
          > more touching than a narrative with real people. Nothing can immerse an
          > audience better into a story than a life action film in an immersive space
          > like a dome.

          Hello Harald,

          I agree... and it was exactly this idea that led us here in Australia to start experimenting with the potential for live-action content for fulldome and other immersive screens. Dome Lab - a one-week intensive residential workshop run by ANAT at Paul Bourke's WASP - has just wrapped. It was really interesting what the participants came up with - especially as the majority were well-established in more traditional screen media (tv, features, documentary, etc). As one of the tutors, Hue Walker, noted: "Finding all teams willing to push the "rules", [to] question the parameters in intelligent and effective ways…. there have been several very interesting uses of close-ups, experiments with timing, explorations of various angles and environments…". The participants were led by a fantastic group (including Paul B, Hue, Ben Shedd, Jonathan Strawn, Warik Lawrance and Peter Morse) and focused on producing a short genre piece.. Results will be up on vimeo shortly.

          In the meantime, I encourage you all to have a look at the blog.. it has a host of resources, plus discussion and feedback during and after the Lab.. http://domelab2010.org.au

          I'll post links to vids once they're up..

          cheers
          Vicki
        • Paul
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 30, 2010
            > In the meantime, I encourage you all to have a look at the blog.. it has a host of resources, plus discussion and feedback during and after the Lab.. http://domelab2010.org.au

            Link should in fact be
            http://domelab2010.anat.org.au/
          • Steve Cooper
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 3, 2010
              Why not? We've had the Rockettes read stories with giant x-mas bells on
              the dome.