Australian Network for Art & Technology DomeLab 2010

  • Jon
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2010
      Ben Shedd, Peter Morse, Paul Bourke, Warik Lawrance, Hue Walker & myself have been invited to be tutors for the Australian Network of Art and Technology's DomeLab 2010. It's currently underway at the University of Western Australia. I'm constantly humbled to be "instructing" such a talented group of "students." We have filmmakers, artists, producers, performers, academics and more from all across Australia.

      The focus of the workshop is live action video, and we're experimenting with a variety of cameras and lenses to shoot different types of material, with an emphasis upon narrative and genre filmmaking in immersive large format environments.

      There is a blog for the lab that includes links to reference material, coverage fo the lab and some selections of material we've presented. I'm really excited to be part of this and can't wait to see the output of these talented people.
    • Paul
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2010
        > Ben Shedd, Peter Morse, Paul Bourke, Warik Lawrance, Hue Walker & myself have been invited to be tutors for the Australian Network of Art and Technology's DomeLab 2010.

        I've uploaded a few photos of the Elumenati GeoDome, courtesy of AARNET
        http://www.aarnet.edu.au/
        Very nice system, an open door rather than air lock. A high quality truncated fisheye lens. My "warpplayer" rules ... does the truncation on the fly.
        Uploaded photos have filename "GeoDome".

        We used this during the DomeLab workshop
        http://domelab2010.anat.org.au/