Loch Ness Productions and Antares FullDome Productions Join Forces

  • C. Petersen
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2010
      September 1, 2010
      For immediate release

      Mark C. Petersen
      Loch Ness Productions
      +1 303 642 7250

      Alexander Zaragoza
      +34 933 323 000

      Loch Ness Productions and Antares FullDome Productions Join Forces

      Loch Ness Productions (Nederland, Colorado, USA) and Antares FullDome Productions (Barcelona, Spain) are pleased to announce a special working collaboration to bring updated versions of Antares shows to the fulldome market, particularly in the U.S. and other English-speaking countries.

      The first co-production between the two companies is the re-release of "Astronomy: 3000 Years of Stargazing." It features videography and animation produced by Sergio López Borgoñoz, General Manager of Antares, and his creative team. The soundtrack is based on the original Antares script, which has been edited and updated by Carolyn Collins Petersen, vice-president of Loch Ness Productions. The newly revised script is narrated by Carolyn, and features Mark C. Petersen (LNP president) as the voice of Einstein. Mark also created a new soundtrack, drawing from the vast resources of the original planetarium space music library that makes Loch Ness Productions show style universally recognized.

      According to Mark C. Petersen, the Antares-LNP collaboration is a natural fit. “We were really intrigued by the Antares shows when we first saw them at the Jena Fulldome Festival in May, 2010. Our discussions with Sergio and Alexander Zaragoza (Antares Product Manager) led us to work on updated scripts and soundtracks for their existing shows,” he said. “Loch Ness Productions combines the script/soundtrack services we’re known for, with Antares’s visualization expertise to create a unique synthesis of styles.”

      “We are pleased that Mark and Carolyn Collins Petersen have added their know-how and experience in soundtracks and scripting to prepare our shows for expanded markets in the U.S. and around the world,” said Sergio López Borgoñoz.

      The show’s release also marks the start of a distribution partnership between the two companies. Beginning in September 2010, Loch Ness Productions will begin marketing the updated Antares fulldome shows. "Astronomy: 3000 Years of Stargazing" is now available for general release, and will be available through both companies. The agreement of cooperation also brings the two companies together in co-producing updated soundtracks for two other Antares titles: "The Birth of the Solar System" and "Chronicle of a Journey to Earth." Those shows will be available later in 2010.

      The framework of this new joint agreement also covers possible post-production projects to adapt Loch Ness Productions’ own fulldome shows to other languages by Antares, leading to greater international market penetration for both companies.

      "Astronomy: 3000 Years of Stargazing," the first Loch Ness Production-Antares collaboration, can be previewed at www.lochnessproductions.com/shows/antares/a3y.html.

      The show will be presented at the Imiloa Fulldome Film Festival, October 6-8, 2010, at Imiloa Astronomy Center of Hawaii; see www.imiloahawaii.org/168/planetarium-dome-fest-2010.

      For more information on Loch Ness Productions’ fulldome offerings, visit the company’s Web site at www.lochnessproductions.com.

      For further information on Antares FullDome Productions fulldome offerings, visit the Antares Web site at www.antares-fulldome.com.