Imiloa Film Festival updates - Maunakea Summit Tour, etc.

  • Shawn Laatsch
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2010
      Planning for the festival is in full swing and registrations are continuing
      to come in - currently we have participants from Australia, Germany, India,
      Italy, Japan, Macao, The Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom and the US. We
      have a limited number of seats, so if you plan to attend, please get your
      registration in as soon as possible as we are expecting to sell out now that
      we have opened passes to our members here at Imiloa.

      We have updated our registration page to
      http://www.imiloahawaii.com/festival/ and it has three secure pdf forms
      there: 1) the registration form, 2) a Maunakea Summit Tour option, and 3) a
      vendor form for marketing materials (vendors were also emailed information
      on this). The festival registration website should no longer give anyone a
      security site error.

      The password for all of the secure pdf's is imiloa2010 and you should save
      the file to your desktop before filling them out. Then email completed
      forms to reservations@... once it is complete.

      The Maunakea Summit Tour will take place Friday afternoon and evening
      (October 8). If you plan to attend that tour, make sure you sign up early
      as we have a limit of 48 for the tour given limits of the observatories.
      Temperatures on the summit are around 0 C or 30 F, and we will be staying
      for stargazing, so make sure you have a coat, hat, gloves and good
      shoes/boots for the trip. (Open toed shoes are not permitted in any of the
      observatories!)

      For the schedule of films, descriptions of films, and general information
      regarding the festival, please see
      http://www.imiloahawaii.org/168/planetarium-dome-fest-2010

      Special thank you is due to Sky Skan, Inc. and The Big Island Film
      Office-Hawaii County for their generous support of this event!

      Hope to see you here in Hawaii in October!

      Shawn Laatsch
      Planetarium Manager
      Imiloa Astronomy Center of Hawai'i
      600 Imiloa Place