fulldome animation festival winners

  • dbeining@nmmnh.state.nm.us
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2003
      LodeStar held the world's first fulldome animation festival and competition
      to large and wide-eyed crowds Saturday night. The winners:

      First Place: Aaron Romero, University of New Mexico, "SnowGlobe" (directed
      by Sheryl Hurley)
      Second Place: Dan Spence, Northern Kentucky University, "A Child's First
      Flight"
      Third Place: Kiernan Holland, Los Alamos, "LavaCoaster"

      A big thanks for all the entries (and interest that didn't result in
      submission.) The event had a great vibe while wowing audiences and putting
      some much needed revenue into the coffers. We'll definitely be hosting the
      second annual DomeFest next July as part of the DigiFest SouthWest Festival.
      New names all round-for the animation festival and the film festival-as the
      programs grow and refine. Next year, we hope to screen more fulldome
      entries and make the program exclusive to the new medium. (We screened 40
      minutes of local productions and festival submissions as well as 40 minutes
      of framed material this year.) We also hope to have bigger prizes. So
      start generating your visions and putting your team together.

      Thanks to Sky-Skan for the never-ending support in making the Festival
      possible.

      Bueno,

      David Beining
      Director