Re: Full Dome Show about the Brain?

  • Jack Dunn
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 7, 2010
      KDConod wrote:

      > My boss is working on an exhibit about the brain and he is wondering if there is or will be any full dome shows about the human brain or optical illusions. Anyone hear of anything like that?

      Kevin:

      I know "Astronaut" starts out in the brain, or at least the nervous system.
      But there are probably others out there. My brain isn't functioning too
      well
      today. Wind chill is -25 F and our administrators are keeping the
      Museum open
      even into tonight.

      --

      Clear DARK Skies,
      Jack Dunn - Mueller Planetarium
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 8, 2010
        hi Kevin,

        try this:

        www.sepa.duq.edu

        i think they have some content about it.

        JC
      • Patricia Reiff
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 9, 2010
          HMNS has two shows that have some relevance to the brain: "Body Code"
          and their version of "Microcosm" that both fly through the brain
          (animations originally by E&S). You can watch the full show (in small
          format) and read the scripts by going to
          http://www.spaceupdate.com/?planetarium_shows.html
          Also our new show "Impact Earth", on asteroids, comets, and meteors,
          is also there for preview.

          For a better preview experience we have sampler DVDs of all the shows
          in full length and HD quality. You can download the ordering form at
          http://www.spaceupdate.com/forms/spaceupdateinc_order.pdf

          We'll be at NSTA national if anyone wants to see any of our shows in
          the Discovery Dome.

          On Jan 7, 2010, at 2:24 PM, KDConod wrote:

          > My boss is working on an exhibit about the brain and he is wondering
          > if there is or will be any full dome shows about the human brain or
          > optical illusions. Anyone hear of anything like that?

          ^
          / \ Prof. Patricia H. Reiff
          / \ Director, Rice Space Institute
          / _^ ^_ \ Rice University MS108, Houston, TX 77251-1892
          / / O O \ \ email: reiff@...
          / \ V / \ www: http://space.rice.edu/~reiff/
          / / ""R"" \ \
          | \ ""U"" / | "Why does man want to go to the Moon?
          | _/|\ /|\_ | .. Why does Rice play Texas?"..JFK, Rice Stadium,
          1962
          / \
        • Tom Casey
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 11, 2010
            Microcosm, a show Home Run Pictures co-produced with E&S has some
            brain scenes (as well as lots of other human body scenes)... I would
            think you could contact them and inquire.

            Tom

            KDConod wrote:

            > My boss is working on an exhibit about the brain and he is
            wondering if there is or will be any full dome shows about the human
            brain or optical illusions. Anyone hear of anything like that?

            H o m e R u n P i c t u r e s

            Tom Casey
            President & Creative Director

            100 First Avenue - Suite 450