Re: 2009 State of the Dome Address

  • Paul Mowbray
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 28, 2009
      This is not just directed at Digitalis but if there are privacy issues
      could the hardware vendors start asking their clients if they are happy
      to be acknowledged and added to a public database whether it be the
      lochness system or something hosted by imersa?

      Is making this proprietary information seen as damaging to individual
      vendors business models?

      Am I being naive thinking that as a relatively small community of
      vendors and customers that now is the time to be open and anything that
      can help get more domes and content in the world must be a good thing?

      Another job for the imersa police to help wrangle.

      Ed, when are those collaborative working spaces going to be setup, this
      mailing list is probably not the right forum to continue the debate in
      detail.

      Paul @NSCcreative
    • Mark Webb
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 29, 2009
        I find Mark Petersen's compendium and state of the dome addresses very useful. I have had multiple occasions to rely on the information over the last few years. No compilation of this type will ever be perfect, but Mark does an admirable job and is in my
        experience far more current than the IPS data. - Thank you sir.

        I was aware of the Digitalis policy prior to this and can understand their decision, and their right, to keep the information private. However it would be helpful to the community at large and to Digitalis too, if the information were shared in some
        form.

        Perhaps Mark and Carrie could look at incorporating Digitalis numbers - without proprietary specifics, into the data already partially compiled, so that confidentiality is preserved but making the overall picture more accurate? Carrie's original response
        seemed to be half way there already.

        just a thought.

        **************************
        * Mark Webb