Domefest 2009

  • Uxua Astigarraga
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2009
      Dear Domefest 2009 attendees,

      It was a real pleasure for us to be at Domefest 2009 and meet you. We were
      very pleasantly surprised with the quality of the films many of you
      produced.

      We would like to take this opportunity to thank David Beining, the NMMNHS
      and the UNM ARTS Lab for holding this new edition of Domefest and putting so
      much energy and love into it. We would also like to thank them for giving us
      the chance to present our movie Realm Of Light. Thank you all for your
      attendance and your enthused and positive feedback on our work. If some of
      you were not able to take a look at Realm Of Light and would like to see it,
      donĀ“t hesitate to contact me.

      Take care.

      Uxua Astigarraga | Sales and Communications Coordinator
      SOFTMACHINE GmbH
      Einsteinstrasse 28
      D-81675 Munich
      Germany
      www.softmachine.de
      Tel: +49 89 1890 8269 12
      Email: u.astigarraga@...
    • Paul Mowbray
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 15, 2009
        Hello #DF09 crew

        Feel bad that I haven't followed up with all the lovely people I met at
        my first New Mexico DomeFest.

        Just wanted to say a quick thanks from NSC Creative to the Arts
        Lab/NMMNH gang and sponsors for all the effort that went into organising
        an awesome festival and of course all the contributors for sharing their
        wonderful work and inspiring us to continue exploring the dome in the
        many omni directional possibilities it presents.

        Will endeavour to contact directly those who I said we should "talk
        more" and "hook up" and "collaborate" with soon.

        There's no place like dome

        Paul, @NSCcreative
      • Jonathan Wolfe
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 16, 2009
          Yes yes yes! I'd like to add to that, and thank the producers of
          Domefest for all their hard work - David Beining, Eric Whitmore, and
          Jonathan Strawn in particular. It was great to have such a fantastic
          gathering of creative fulldome folk, right here in my hometown.

          I was glad to meet so many people doing such fantastic work. And it
          was fun to get to show some of my fulldome fractal animations to many
          of you. (And thanks to an inspiring conversation with Mike Zolotnitski
          of SkySkan - I'm now starting to render 3D fractals. Amazing!)

          But of all the great stuff I saw, I wanted to put out a special thank
          you to the folks from Softmachine.
          "Realm of Light" was simply breathtaking. It was the most beautiful
          story I've ever seen in a dome. Congratulations!

          Thanks everyone!

          -Jonathan Wolfe, Ph.D.
          Executive. Director
          http://www.FractalFoundation.org
          Next First Friday Fractals show: November 6th
          Like fractals? Become a fan at: http://bit.ly/13pEkd
          Fractals are SMART: Science, Math & Art!
        • pauldavidbourke
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 17, 2009
            > I'm now starting to render 3D fractals. Amazing!)

            3D geometric fractals in fulldome from a few years back
            http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/exhibition/astc2007/
            Menger Sponge, Serpinski gasket, Inverted Truchet tile, and Quaternians.