Re: Interactive 3D Movie Theatre Game (full audience participation)

  • Paul Mowbray
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 21 1:45 AM
      Just wanted to chime in on Our Dynamic Earth's behalf as I don't think
      they subscribe to this list. Have cc'ed one of their chaps in also so he
      can correct me if I say anything incorrect!

      I believe the Futuredome interactive Fulldome experience was very
      successful for Our Dynamic Earth but as with all science
      centres/attractions one must refresh the experience to get people to
      return or generate new custom. They have tweaked there system so that
      they can playback regular Fulldome shows. For IYA2009 they were part of
      a 7 science centre UK consortium to develop a new show with us NSC
      Creative and are now showing the outcome of the collaboration, We Are
      Astronomers and they hope to try other Fulldome content in the future.

      When I first saw their system I was very impressed and excited by the
      prospect of using the moving platform/seats and seeing how it could be
      used to enhance the Fulldome experience, will hopefully get chance to
      have a play with it in the future.

      More info on WAA here www.weareastronomers.com

      Paul, NSC Creative