IBEX: Search for the Edge of the Solar System

  • Mark Webb
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2009
      The Adler Planetarium is pleased to announce the release of a new fulldome program IBEX: Search for the Edge of the Solar System.

      Adler produced this 28-minute program as part of NASA's Interstellar Boundary Explorer Mission Education and Public Outreach Program with additional collaboration from the National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA). Audiences will join the scientists and engineers that developed the IBEX mission, created the spacecraft, and are investigating the boundary between our Solar System and the rest of our galaxy. Narrated by two inquisitive teenagers, audiences will hear how IBEX is collecting high-speed atoms to create a map of our Solar System's boundary for the first time.

      The show itself is available to planetaria at little or no cost. If you are comfortable encoding and installing the show in your theater yourself you can obtain the show directly from Adler. If you are looking for assistance in bringing the show to your theater, it is also available from multiple vendors who may charge a fee for their services.

      You can find out more information about IBEX: Search for the Edge of the Solar System, along with instructions for obtaining the show at -

      http://ibex.swri.edu/planetaria/ibexshow.shtml

      If you have specific questions regarding the show please direct them to ibexepo@....

      Lindsay Bartolone, IBEX Education and Public Outreach Lead
      And Mark Webb, Theaters Manager, Adler Planetarium