New Show from the Clark Planetarium

  • Mike Murray
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2009
      Hi everyone,

      I am happy to announce the opening of a new original show from Clark
      Planetarium Productions! "Saturn: Jewel of the Heavens" takes actual
      imagery and data from the Cassini-Huygens missions and translates them into
      three-dimensional images for the dome. It's the most photorealistic
      modeling of Saturn, the rings and moons that we've ever done. But it's more
      than just photo-mapping; we've used software to carve elevation impressions
      into the moons so they can show true surface relief. The fulldome show
      focuses more on the Saturn system itself, as opposed to the technical
      details of the Cassini spacecraft. It means to attract a wide audience age
      range.

      Check out sample images, descriptions, and video at:

      http://www.clarkplanetarium.org/distribution/

      The show will be available in both 36-minute and 23-minute versions. The
      show opened here in Salt Lake City last Friday to packed crowds. After some
      post-evaluation and polishing, the show will be available for sale to other
      digital dome theaters by the end of this month. DVD's of the show will be
      available for your review at that time.

      For a DVD or other information, please contact Mike Murray at the info
      below.

      Cheers!
      Mike.

      *************************
      Mike Murray
      Programs Manager
      Clark Planetarium
      110 South 400 West
      Salt Lake City, UT 84101
      (801) 456-4949
      mmurray@...
      *************************
    • Mike Murray
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 24, 2009
        Greetings from snowy Salt Lake City,

        As we like to survey both our local audiences and show customers around the
        world, one request keeps rising to the top of the list: A new "Family
        Show"! In other words, a show that has appeal to both children and their
        parents. So, rather than focusing on a "little kids show," we decided to
        create something new - an "action/adventure" approach but with plenty of
        science and photo-realistic scenery.

        "Attack of the Space Pirates" is that show. It's a 35-minute feature
        designed to keep children *and* adults engaged and entertained as they
        experience a wild ride through the galaxy on a journey with all of the great
        sci-fi story elements: mystery, conflict, intrigue, fun, ingenuity, battle,
        hope and discovery. While the show can appeal to children of many ages,
        it's ideally suited for ages 8 and up. It's our most ambitious digital dome
        cinema project to date, including the sound design which will be done by
        George Lucas' Skywalker Sound.

        For more detailed descriptions and sample images, check out our distribution
        website at:

        http://www.clarkplanetarium.org/distribution

        The grand opening here in Salt Lake is set for February 13, and will be
        available for distribution in March. Feel free to email me directly if you
        have more questions or would like more sample images! A longer trailer will
        be posted to the website in a few weeks.

        Happy Saturnalia!

        Mike.

        *************************
        Mike Murray
        Programs Manager
        Clark Planetarium
        110 South 400 West
        Salt Lake City, UT 84101
        (801) 456-4949
        *************************
      • Schorcht, Volkmar
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2010
          Sorry for a bad typing error in the FullDome Festival agenda posted
          recently.
          The full-length feature show scheduled for Wednesday, May 5 is called
          "Tales of the Maya Skies" - not May skies.
          Fortunately this fine show from Chabot Space & Science Center is as popular
          that most of you may not have noticed the missing letter.

          Volkmar Schorcht

          This message is intended for a particular addressee only and may contain business or company secrets. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the message immediately. Any use of this email, including saving, publishing, copying, replication or forwarding of the message or the contents is not permitted.