Re: Loch Ness Productions as content providers

  • Mark C. Petersen
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2003
      Hi, all.

      Just to be completely accurate regarding the inclusion of Loch Ness
      Productions in the list of fulldome content providers...

      Our initial forays into fulldome programming were displayed at IPS last
      summer. We showed one program in its entirety, "Sky Quest", during the
      SkyVision Fulldome Festival. We also made fulldome segments from six of
      our planetarium shows, and these clips were shown in SkyVision during our
      demo in the Boeing Cyberdome theater, and in both the MediaGlobe and
      SciDome display theaters as well.

      As of this writing, "Sky Quest" is the first and only fulldome program
      we've produced in its entirety. What we ran in Wichita finished rendering
      the day of our flight out; the first time we saw it on the dome through
      reasonably calibrated and aligned projectors was with the first
      audience. (Of course, during production we saw many pieces and tests on
      Sky-Skan's test dome). While there were no major faults, the show still
      needs some more tweaking to raise it from "the first render managed" to a
      fully polished output.

      Regarding the other programs we showed clips from: we do intend to produce
      them in full fulldome form -- "Oceans In Space", "MarsQuest", "Tis The
      Season" and more. We're working on several fronts to round up the
      resources and financing to make it happen. We hope to have some news on
      that front to announce in the near future.

      Mark C. Petersen mark@...
      Loch Ness Productions http://www.lochness.com