"Monthly" Administrative Note

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2003
      This message attempts to answer some questions that occasionally come
      my way and to keep everybody on the same electronic page. We're up
      to 139 members now, all eagerly awaiting to read what you have to
      write, so please share some thoughts with the fulldome community.
      (Any thoughts on standards, perhaps?)

      To reiterate... The intended audience for this group is not limited
      to users of a particular system or a particular company. Both
      real-time and playback media fall under the purvey of the group,
      within the realm of both fulldome and panoramic video technologies.
      While philosophical speculation about the effect of this nascent
      technology on the planetarium medium also makes sense as a topic of
      discussion, the core purpose of this list should not stray to
      subjects better addressed on DOME-L or in other forums.

      I will moderate the list, approving both subscribers and postings.
      You may contact me directly by mailing to

      To send messages to members of this group, simply send email to

      If you do not wish to belong to fulldome, you may unsubscribe at any
      time by sending an email to

      To tell your friends to subscribe, have them send a blank email to

      Also, note that many features are available online at the web site
      version of the list:

      Including access to a complete and up-to-date subscriber list and
      archives of all postings (even the ones from before you joined).
      Plus, you can change account options to have email sent to you in
      digested format or only collected online. You must sign up with your
      email address and enter a password in order to access these features.

      Also, you can respond to our ongoing poll, if you haven't already, on
      the web at:

      You may also visit the Yahoo Groups web site to modify your subscriptions:

      Thanks for reading!

      Ryan Wyatt, Science Visualizer
      Rose Center for Earth & Space
      American Museum of Natural History