RE: colores y la luz de sies

  • Ed Lantz
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 13, 2003
      Hola,

      David Beining asks:

      >Has anyone discovered/created effective test patterns for calibrating
      >fulldome projectors' color balance/brightness/contrast?

      This was a major topic of interest at the standards meeting in Houston.
      Spitz has a set of test patterns that we'd be willing to share with the
      industry. We would prefer that all vendors make their test patterns
      available to the standards committee (whoever that is).

      Perhaps at the next Southwest Alliance conference in Salt Lake we could have
      a test pattern "shoot out" as part of our tech meeting, and decide on a
      minimal set of test patterns that would become industry standard. During
      our meeting we would likely brainstorm how to further improve on the
      existing patterns. The final test patterns would then be downloadable from
      the IPS website and attached to any fulldome show that goes into
      distribution. Perhaps the grid set could include a title frame crediting
      the vendors & institutions who participated.

      Saludos,

      Eduardo
      elantz@...

      From: dbeining@...

      Message: 1
      Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 14:39:04 -0700
      From: dbeining@...
      Subject: colores y la luz de sies

      Hola,

      Has anyone discovered/created effective test patterns for calibrating
      fulldome projectors' color balance/brightness/contrast? We're using the
      mottled grayscale popcorn image SkySkan provides with SV, but find it a
      challenge. While we're (Laurel Ladwig) approaching Savage-like ability in
      making our system look stunning, a better mousetrap for color would put us
      over the top. (We can't be alone on this, Steve Savage's eye-Barco remote
      coordination make it look easy (giving him deity-like stature in some
      subcultures) but the rest of us?) Any suggestions would be greatly
      appreciated.

      Bueno,
      david

      Director