colores y la luz de sies

  • dbeining@nmmnh.state.nm.us
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2003
      Hola,

      Has anyone discovered/created effective test patterns for calibrating
      fulldome projectors' color balance/brightness/contrast? We're using the
      mottled grayscale popcorn image SkySkan provides with SV, but find it a
      challenge. While we're (Laurel Ladwig) approaching Savage-like ability in
      making our system look stunning, a better mousetrap for color would put us
      over the top. (We can't be alone on this, Steve Savage's eye-Barco remote
      coordination make it look easy (giving him deity-like stature in some
      subcultures) but the rest of us?) Any suggestions would be greatly
      appreciated.

      Bueno,
      david

      David Beining
      Director
      LodeStar Astronomy Center
      1801 Mountain Road, NW
      Albuquerque, NM 87104

      505.841.5985 (vox)
      505.841.5999 (fax)
      505.362.2614 (cel)

      dbeining@... <mailto:dbeining@...>
      www.lodestar.unm.edu <http://www.lodestar.unm.edu>
    • Ed Lantz
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 13 8:42 AM
        Hola,

        David Beining asks:

        >Has anyone discovered/created effective test patterns for calibrating
        >fulldome projectors' color balance/brightness/contrast?

        This was a major topic of interest at the standards meeting in Houston.
        Spitz has a set of test patterns that we'd be willing to share with the
        industry. We would prefer that all vendors make their test patterns
        available to the standards committee (whoever that is).

        Perhaps at the next Southwest Alliance conference in Salt Lake we could have
        a test pattern "shoot out" as part of our tech meeting, and decide on a
        minimal set of test patterns that would become industry standard. During
        our meeting we would likely brainstorm how to further improve on the
        existing patterns. The final test patterns would then be downloadable from
        the IPS website and attached to any fulldome show that goes into
        distribution. Perhaps the grid set could include a title frame crediting
        the vendors & institutions who participated.

        Saludos,

        Eduardo
        elantz@...

        From: dbeining@...