Re: DomeView: A tool to preview and project dome content

  • Knut Holst
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 24, 2008
      Hello,

      I just remembered this Mail. As a mac-only user I question myself if
      it will be ported to mac. If you don't, would it be possible to grab
      the signal from a video i/o like the Blackmagicdesign Intensity to
      display it in a preview-dome? Just an idea.

      With Regards
      Knut Holst

      Am 25.07.2008 um 20:56 schrieb Antonio Pedrosa:

      > Navegar Foundation is proud to announce the release of DomeView, a
      > real-time tool to preview and project dome content.

      > DomeView enables the user to preview dome content using a flat
      > computer screen, providing a clear view of a true dome environment,
      > through its projection in a spherical surface. A 3D model can be
      > imported, e.g. a planetarium, for a clear view of a true environment.
      > The user can freely change its viewing position and look in different
      > directions, both inside and outside the dome.

      > DomeView is also a powerful tool to project content on a dome, using
      > a single projector system, such as a Fisheye projector or a Spherical
      > Mirror, performing all the distortions in real-time, making it an
      > ideal tool for small and portable planetariums.

      > DomeView handles several inputs simultaneously. It handles video and
      > images of different types. It also handles content coming directly
      > from third party programs, such as Adobe After Effects, Photoshop,
      > Stellarium, Celestia, Webcam, among others.

      > The software is available for Windows in two versions: DomeView for
      > content preview only and DomeView Pro the full version, able to
      > preview and project content.

      > Main Features include:

      > - Previewing in computer screen: Spherical and Cylindrical View,
      > ability to import a 3D model, e.g., a planetarium, choose the viewing
      > position.
      > - Project on the dome: Fisheye, Standard and Spherical Mirror
      > Projections.
      > - Handles content arriving in real-time from other sources, Adobe
      > After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Webcam, Celestia, Stellarium, etc.
      > - Hyperdome ready (display from 0º to 360º).

      > Please visit our website for further information,
      > Domeview.multimeios.pt
    • Alexander Mitchell
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 24, 2008
        Hi

        This is my first post on this list,.. As a mac user myself I can
        recommend Paul Bourke's web site as a must for this solution...

        Im sure that Paul will elaborate,.. yet Paul not only has a few
        products which do this- there is also a visual environment in OS X
        called Quartz Composer. I am working in a team that is using this
        tool for 3D Stereo visuals- and latter this year we are wanting to
        develop a realtime planetarium show with interactive Dome mapped
        visuals.

        This software enables you to "roll your own" solution- very simply.
        Simple in a drag and drop sort of way. If you would like more info-
        I would be happy to help- however do contact Paul, (who is very active
        on this list).

        You also mention that the tool would pull video from a blackmagic
        card? I think that with the QuartzComposer solution- one could play
        back and warp the dome footage- and also use this to 'pre-vis' on a 3D
        hemispherical object,...

        Anyway,.. do contact Paul, as he has extensive experience in this
        matter... :D

        Regards

        Alex