Stitcher software...

  • Tom Casey
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2008
      Can anyone tell me what stitching software they have experience
      with. This would be for stitching multiple photos together to create
      panoramas, "fisheye," or larger-res imagery, not for stitching
      together multi CGI renders for fulldome production. We've been using
      Photoshop CS3, which is pretty good, but not in all cases...

      Thanks!

      Tom

      H o m e R u n P i c t u r e s

      Tom Casey
      President & Creative Director

      100 First Avenue - Suite 450
      Pittsburgh, PA 15222
      412-391-8200
      mailto:tom@...
      http://www.homerunpictures.com
    • Andy Dolph
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 5, 2008
        I've used Hugin a fair amount and have had good luck with it in some
        situations. It can be extremely tweekable if you want it to be - though
        the interface for doing so is far from obvious.

        http://hugin.sourceforge.net/

        Let us know what you end up with!

        Andy

        Tom Casey wrote:
        > Can anyone tell me what stitching software they have experience
        > with. This would be for stitching multiple photos together to create
        > panoramas, "fisheye," or larger-res imagery, not for stitching
        > together multi CGI renders for fulldome production. We've been using
        > Photoshop CS3, which is pretty good, but not in all cases...
      • Paul Bourke
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 5, 2008
          > Can anyone tell me what stitching software they have experience
          > with. This would be for stitching multiple photos together to create
          > panoramas, "fisheye," or larger-res imagery, not for stitching
          > together multi CGI renders for fulldome production. We've been using
          > Photoshop CS3, which is pretty good, but not in all cases.

          I can't recommend AutoPano Pro highly enough.
          I've used a few over the years and switched to AutoPano Pro when
          I had some panos that the others couldn't handle. Have used it for
          cylindrical, spherical, and fisheye stitching ... including 360 degree
          spherical projections from 3 x 180 fisheye shots.
        • Mario Di Maggio
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 6, 2008
            For the past two years we've used EasyPano Panoweaver:

            http://www.easypano.com/panorama-software.html

            We can only speak for its fisheye stitching capabilities, which we
            think are brilliant - hardly any touching up to do in the final image.

            Mario Di Maggio
            Planetarium Manager &
            Secretary: British Association of Planetaria
            Thinktank Science Museum
            Millennium Point
            Curzon Street
            Birmingham
            B4 7XG
            e: mario.dimaggio@...
            t: (0)-121 202 2222
            f: (0)-121 202 2320

            "Inside a planetarium you feel the knowledge at a gut level, even if
            your mind stumbles" - Laurent Pellerin