Producer Position at Clark Planetarium

  • Mike Murray
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2008
      Greetings,

      I'm pleased to announce the addition of Andrea Doubek to our full time crew
      of Modeler/Animators! Andrea actually got her start at the historic Hansen
      Planetarium in the mid 1990's, eventually learning digital dome production
      but also getting a degree from the University of Utah in Digital Art and
      Animation. Many of you who run our shows like "Destination Saturn," "Black
      Holes," "Extreme Planets" or "U2" have already seen some fine examples of
      her work.

      Now it's time to fill another full-time Modeler/Animator producer position!
      You can read the job description, salary information, and apply online at:

      https://www.jobs.slco.org/JobDetails.aspx?Postings=8238

      ABOUT THE CLARK PLANETARIUM:

      The Clark (formerly Hansen) Planetarium opened in 2003 with one of the first
      Digistar 3 fulldome digital theaters. It has a 16.8-meter dome tilted 12
      degrees with 205 seats and an annual attendance of 150,000. Most productions
      are created in house and also play in dozens of other digital dome theaters
      around the world. The production department holds a staff of 9 (full-time
      and part-time), producing content for public feature shows, school programs,
      live presentations, and music entertainment shows. The planetarium also
      holds a 3-D IMAX Theater, exhibits, concessions, science store, and a
      statewide
      educational outreach program. For more, check out:
      http://www.clarkplanetarium.org
      http://www.clarkplanetarium.org/distribution

      TO APPLY:

      Follow the instructions on the website to apply - do *not* send anything to
      me or to the planetarium. All applications, letters and materials must go
      directly to the Salt Lake County Personnel Office. You must include a copy
      of your college transcripts in order for any educational listings on your
      application to count! If you have questions or problems, please feel free to
      contact me; otherwise direct your inquiries about the status of your
      applications to our personnel office, 801-468-2351, recruitment@
      <mailto:recruitment%40slco.org> slco.org. Once you have submitted your
      materials, please call them to confirm that they have received it. Note
      that the last day to apply is Tuesday, July 15.

      Cheers,
      Mike.

      Mike Murray
      Programs Manager