Re: FullDome Summit and DomeFest 2008

  • david
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 24, 2008
      A couple follow-up notes.

      On registration, please note:

      Folks registered for IPS2008 need to sign-up for the Fulldome Summit
      via the DomeFest reg site. Because IPS is underwriting the Summit,
      there is no cost to IPS delegates for the Summit--but you need to
      register. Select the "Fulldome Summit only" option. IPS delegates who
      want to participate in the DF08 programs, you can add that option.
      It's $50 to cover food, drink and fest production.

      Folks coming for Summit+DF08, but not registering for IPS2008, will be
      charged $25 for the Summit to offset food, drink and meeting expenses
      and $50 for DF08. Those that want the full day of fulldome should
      select "Summit & DomeFest" for $75. You also have the option of
      registering for DF only, but will not be admitted to the Summit.

      Sorry if this is a little complicated, but understand many people and
      organizations are collaborating to make it work--without a lot of
      resources. -->Much love to Adler, IPS and Summit-builders (Wyatt,
      Lantz, Neafus) for making this happen.<--

      And sorry, but credit card payment is the only payment option from
      Acteva, the service we use for DF.

      On schedule, below is my spammessage on DF08. Summit program is in
      refinement by Ryan, Ed & Dan. It's best they publish it.

      ###

      We're thrilled to announce DF08 will be held at and in partnership
      with Adler Planetarium and the International Planetarium Society. The
      festival is 03 July 08--following the IPS meeting and sharing program
      and effort with a special fulldome summit of the IPS Fulldome Video
      Committee. DF08 will have a truncated program similar to DF07. It'll
      be one smash-eye night in Chicago:

      + 2008 Juried Show premiere
      + Domie Awards presentations
      +"Making of..." presentations and screenings
      + Demonstrations of interactive applications.

      * We're also working to establish a dome at SIGGRAPH 2008 to give
      fulldome and DF08 contributors exposure to that important community.

      The fest-site (www.domefest.org) should be up next week but here are
      some of the nuggets many of you have been asking for:

      DF08 Base Program

      Adler Planetarium, July 3, 2008
      with International Planetarium Society

      Day program: "Future of Fulldome" Summit by IPS Fulldome Video
      Committee and Adler Planetarium (@conference hotel).

      Evening: DomeFest 2008 @ Adler

      Indicative Schedule
      4:00-5:00 Real-Time One (demos of new interactive applications)
      5:15-6:30 "Making of..." One
      6:30-7:30 Happy Hour
      7:30-9:00 2008 Juried Show Premiere
      9:00-10:15 Dinner & Domie Awards (w/fireworks from Adler's
      spectacular viewpoint)
      10:30-11:45 "Making of..." Two, feat. Domie Award winners
      after-dome To Chicago's Blues clubs

      ###

      Thanks to all who make DF possible--and worth doing.

      bueno,
    • harfiyah@lamaan.com
      Message 2 of 9 , May 6, 2008
        Hi David,

        Any chance of a deadline extension for submission of productions to the
        DomeFest ??

        Harfiyah Haleem