Planetariums and Education Survey - Important!

  • G Jirh
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2008
      Dear Sir or
      Madam,

      My name isGurpreet Jirh I am studying Multimedia Technology Bsc at the TechnologyInnovation centre (TIC) and am doing a final year project in understanding howPlanetaria environments facilitate learning. I designed a questionnaire before and I would like to thank all those who participated. I have now designed another questionnaire however this time it is about Planetariums and Education and how the two relate.

      There areonly ten questions on this sheet please state yes or no or if you have anydetailed comments to state then to comment under the dotted line below. Your opinions will be strictly confidentialand will not be passed to any third party.

      I�d like tothank you in advance for you patience and time in completing thisquestionnaire. You answers will be most valued.

      If there are any other ways that anyone can help in regards to me creating thiscontent for the first time, your suggestions would be greatlyappreciated..

      Please also feel free to add any comments below the questionnaire aboutanything tohelp aid me in understanding the planetarium medium.

      Please access the survey via the link below:

      http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=urja3l2NJauwjQGTN464qA_3d_3d

      Kind regards,

      G. Jirh
    • Scott Miller
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 9, 2008
        A couple of things struck me as I was reading it a second time. In item
        7, you direct the answering individual to circle an answer, but provide
        a line for comment. Also, question 5 is kind of ambiguous.
        Planetariums can be effective in areas that a cinema or IMAX theater may
        not be and vice versa. I think the question needs to be rewritten to
        specifically ask in what way the responder might think one is more
        effective than another, or in what way one might be more effective than
        another, or... In other words, ask the question in such a way that you
        will get responses that address what you hope to learn. Question 6
        queries about young children - what do you define as being a young
        child. I am doing a show right now in which I think some of the kids
        here are likely too young, but we have other presentations that would be
        perfectly fine for them. So, you should be specific about what you mean
        by young child so that the responder responds in kind. Question 4
        should ask the responder to circle one of the choices, not "state your
        answer below".

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 10, 2008
          Thanks for your comments. I appreciate that you took the time to show the errors of the questionnaire. These have now been amended effectivley.

          Thank you again

          http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=YxpwO7RznnQ0pccmB_2b3NvA_3d_3d

          g.jirh