All-dome plate tectonics clip

  • omegasubn
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 8 3:20 PM
      Hi,

      Has anyone seen an all-dome (not necessarily over the entire dome) quality clip that
      animates plate tectonics?

      Regards,

      Matt Linke
      Exhibit Museum Planetarium
    • Tom Kwasnitschka
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 10 1:25 PM
        Hi Matt!

        You probably need to talk to Chris Scotese of the PaleoMap Project.
        Negotiations are difficult and the costs will be very high, but he is
        the authority on the subject and he has a very nice high res tectonical
        animation in a semi-Aitoff projection.

        Greetings!

        Tom

        --
        Tom Kwasnitschka
        executive associate
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 10 4:28 PM
          Matt,

          If hyper-accuracy isn't paramount, you can always "fake" it with an afternoon of work and using aftereffects.

          Michael J. Narlock
          Head of Astronomy/Web Coordinator

          Cranbrook Institute of Science
          39221 Woodward Avenue
          P.O. Box 801
          Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304

          ph (248) 645-3235
          fx (248) 645-3050
          Email: MNarlock@...

          Cranbrook: more than 100 years of excellence in education, science and art

        • TimFlorian.Horn@kb.hamburg.de
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 11 10:47 AM
            Hi,

            We´ve used Scotese´s data for your adaption of "The Future is wild" and as far as I remember Hayden used his data in "Are we alone?"; Check his website for the data sets:

            - http://www.scotese.com/
            - http://www.scotese.com/pangeanim.htm

            Cheers,
            Tim

            --
            Tim Florian Horn
            Produktionsleiter | Head of Show Production

            Planetarium Hamburg
            Hindenburgstr. 1b | 22303 Hamburg | Germany
            phone: +49 (40) 4288652-80
            fax: +49 (40) 4288652-29
            mobile: +49 (173) 6161120
            http://www.planetarium-hamburg.de