Re: Replacement for 30 ft planetarium projection system

  • jennifer hans
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 11, 2008
      Try Obscura digital , they and thier sister company pacific domes just built a planetarium in San Francisco .

      jj

      ---------------------------------
    • david mcconville
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 11, 2008
        Jennifer,

        Out of curiosity, which installation are you referring to? To my
        knowledge, they haven't built a planetarium (other than temporary ones)
        since their primary focus is corporate events. They do use our
        projectors inside of their smaller geodesic domes for various tours
        (Pioneer and others) as well as Uniview demonstrations.

        I've been meaning to post a note about a recent event to this list: In
        October we worked with them to create a 90' dome on Google's campus
        displaying stills (from allsky.de) and time-lapse scenes we shot from
        around the world as well as renderings of the Digital Universe Atlas
        through Uniview. A brief video of the event is at
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40UbUMIpPyo

        cheers,
        david

        ---