Re: DNA Survey

  • Tom Casey
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2008
      You can download a "personal learning" version at the Autodesk site...

      http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=7635018

      [TinyURL is http://tinyurl.com/jpjqz --Moderator]

      ... a complete version to try, just doesn't allow rendering without a
      watermark. There is a "how to buy" link there for purchasing the
      full package, the educational price is quite inexpensive.

      On Dec 31, 2007, at 8:11 PM, G Jirh wrote:

      Thank You Tom. Do you know where Maya can be downloaded either as a
      student version or purchased.

      Many thanks again.

      H o m e R u n P i c t u r e s

      Tom Casey
      President & Creative Director

      100 First Avenue - Suite 450
      Pittsburgh, PA 15222
      412-391-8200
      mailto:tom@...
      http://www.homerunpictures.com
    • Paul Bourke
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2008
        > I am studying Multimedia Technology Bsc and am doing a final year
        > project in developing biology content for full dome planetaria. In order
        > for me to understand how to go about creating educational content for
        > the first time for a planetarium I am planning to create content
        > relating to human DNA to education the young and elderly.

        Drew Berry, a scientific visualisation animator here in Australia
        (Melbourne) has done some exciting fulldome animations of DNA. If you
        are interested drop me an email and I'll do the introductions.
        (paul.bourke@...). He had a piece in the 2006 ASTC program called
        "Secrets of Life".

        http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/exhibition/astc2006/program.pdf

        [TinyURL is http://tinyurl.com/2ojj8l --Moderator]