Seasons Greetings 2007

  • Tom Casey
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2007
      Hi all!

      In our annual tradition, there is a holiday greeting in fulldome
      style at the link below... this year with something special for
      fulldomers!

      http://www.homerunpictures.com/holidaygreetings2007

      Enjoy!

      Tom

      H o m e R u n P i c t u r e s

      Tom Casey
      President & Creative Director

      100 First Avenue - Suite 450
      Pittsburgh, PA 15222
      412-391-8200
      mailto:tom@...
      http://www.homerunpictures.com
    • Mike Murray
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 18, 2007
        Greetings from frosty Salt Lake City!

        We have some exciting news to report from the Clark
        Planetarium. With the support of our Board of Directors,
        Clark Planetarium Productions will be expanding in terms of
        staff, rendering abilities, collaborations and contracting.
        All of this has to do with increasing the quality,
        resolution, and frequency of new dome show releases.

        So the first step is staff: On January 3, Salt Lake County
        Personnel will formally list an opening for TWO full-time,
        fully benefited Modeler-Animator Producer positions.

        A preliminary job description looks like this:

        DIGITAL DOME SHOW MODELER/ANIMATOR

        Under the direction of the Programs Manager, and in
        cooperation with other planetarium modeler/animators,
        produces Clark Planetarium fulldome digital video programs;
        participates in all phases of star show planning,
        development and production including concept, synopsis,
        treatment and script consultation; creates animation and
        supplemental special effects video sequences and Digistar3
        theater programming; participates in the design and
        development of 3-D computer animated sequences, audio,
        storyboard, animatics, photographic and art script
        components; participates in the installation of star shows
        to include programming theater control computers and real
        time scripting; conducts general and periodic preventative
        maintenance on theatre computer systems and rendering farm.

        MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:

        Graduation from an accredited college or university with a
        Bachelor's degree in Physics, Astronomy, Computer Science,
        Mathematics, Computer Art and Design or other closely
        related field PLUS two (2) years of experience in a field
        closely related to these duties; OR an equivalent
        combination of related education and experience.

        HAVE PROVEN PROFESSIONAL SKILLS IN:

        * 3-D modeling, texturing, lighting, shading, etc.

        * Various multimedia, including video, audio, imagery and
        imagery output and how to integrate them.

        * Videography and video production.

        * Computer animation.

        * Graphics and video creation, editing, compositing and
        manipulation.

        * High-end video production and network systems at a high
        proficiency level.

        * Microsoft Windows as well as other OS experience is a
        plus.

        IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION:

        *Do Not* send letters or application materials to the Clark
        Planetarium. This position will be officially announced by
        the Salt Lake County Personnel Division on January 3. Watch
        for the posting at this site:

        https://www.jobs.slco.org/

        Once there, click on the "Current Job Openings" link. All
        the instructions on how to apply is there. Again, don't
        send anything to me; all materials must go directly to the
        County Personnel Office (after the announcement is
        officially posted).

        Consider working with one of the most dynamic planetarium
        production groups on the planet!

        Sincerely,

        Mike.

        Mike Murray