Re: mediaglobe question

  • Ron Proctor
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2007
      This is actually pretty common, since the producers probably don't have your
      particular equipment. This way, you can make sure the video is optimized
      for your particular setup. Further, if you were to upgrade your projection
      equipment, you can render a new video master for it! (As long as that's not
      banned in the terms of the license.)

      We do the same thing here when producing for different equipment.

      --
      Ron Proctor
      Production Director

      On Nov 30, 2007 8:52 AM, Steve Cooper <stevec@...> wrote:

      > I got the disc and the paperwork. It's odd they are sending out the
      > dome masters. I'd guess they figure that way each site can sequence out
      > to their system without issues cropping up about codecs and so on. They
      > are relying on customers honesty.
    • kgiant_WTM
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007
        The ASTRONOMYTHS full dome originals are actually on 3300X3300 jpeg
        sequence and on 30 or 29.97 frames per second.
        We could also easily convert it to mpeg format for the interested party;
        they just have to figure out what their system reads.
        Let me take the opportunity to ask anyone who has seen the demo for some
        feedback, we would be grateful. Please right directly to me at
        kgiant@...
        Thank you in advance.

        Konstantinos Giantsios
        Managing Director