Question - Creating Fulldome using Apple Motion

  • annebfarrell
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 23, 2007
      I am exploring using Apple Motion ver. 3.x to create content for
      dome projection. I'm wondering if anybody else is using Motion
      and if they would be willing to share any caveats that they've
      learned.
    • Matt Linke
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 24, 2007
        Hi,

        I have only recently begun using Motion to create effects for in-house
        full-dome projects. While it is a very powerful tool, it can take
        considerable rendering time for even the smallest scenes.

        In particular, I find the particle generators very useful. We recently
        created quite a nice batch of asteroids that stretched from horizon to
        horizon, in a long band. Using the rules associated with particles, they
        react to each other and each has it's own motion. We are using two
        dimensional asteroid images, and breaking all kinds of laws of physics in
        the process, but the effect is quite nice. Eventually we will replace the
        2D images with various 3D models.

        Best,

        Matt Linke