Re: Omnimap

  • Rob Spearman
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 23, 2007
      >I also wanted to let everyone know that our OmniMap 1.0 geometry
      >correction API is now available download. Read about it at
      >http://www.elumenati.com/newsletter/ - it's free to download and use.
      >The API doesn't have any licensing restrictions, so it can be used with
      >any projection system. We're continuing to expand functionality
      >(different types of mapping, multiple channels, etc) in hopes of
      >maximizing compatibility of real-time applications between different
      >vendors' systems.

      This sounds like a great contribution to the community.

      Will you be releasing this under an open source license so that open
      source software developers will take advantage of this library?

      Rob Spearman
      President

      Digitalis Education Solutions, Inc. tel 360.616.8915
      P.O. Box 2976 fax 360.616.8917
      Bremerton, WA 98310 http://digitaliseducation.com
    • david mcconville
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 23, 2007
        Rob,

        It's not currently open source, though open source developers can use it
        under the LGPL license. There are numerous developers currently
        incorporating it into open source applications. We're working on
        bringing it to full maturity before we decide if open source is the way
        to go with the API.

        cheers,
        david
      • Larry Cuba
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 25, 2007
          hello all,

          questions regarding this part of "Hue's Beginner's Guide to Fulldome Production"

          >The other flavor of fulldome projection is often called "pre-rendered playback" and can be compared to movie or video playback. This second type of playback requires a 30 frames per second sequence of large format images called "dome masters."

          does it have to be 30fps or can the system handle 24fps?
          i'm transferring scenes from an existing (24fps) film.
          i understand how 24fps is mapped onto 60fields/sec using 2:3 pulldown,
          but what do you do with progressive scan?
          you transfer 1:1 and you get 24fps, yes?

          >... (Please go to the Domefest site for specs on exactly how to make your dome masters for DomeFest. They have very detailed instructions for size, format, naming, etc. as well as specs for sound files.)

          I couldn't find these specs.
          Either they took them down because the deadline's past, or
          there's a flaw in the html or browser.
          the "program" page (which points you to the "links below" for
          the application) doesn't scroll down, so no links appear.

          can someone send me the link or file?

          thanks, muchly.

          Larry C.