RE: [fulldome] Lightning on Venus

  • nightsight1@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 10, 2002
      Also, "rain" as we know it. Due to the atmospheric and temperature gradients on Venus, it is considered highly unlikely that any precipitation from the cloud levels would survive to the surface in anything like the form of what we call rain on earth. It might rain in the upper atmosphere, particularly between cloud layers, but not on the surface.

      Laurent

      --
      Laurent Pellerin
      Nightsight1@...

      Operations & Production Manager
      Seminole Community College Planetarium
      PelleriL@...
      http://www.scc-fl.edu/planet

      Chairman, Dark Sky Advisory Committee
      Central Florida Astronomical Society
      darksky@...
      http://www.cfas.org/

      Founder/Moderator
      Southern Nights Astronomical League of Florida
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Southern_Nights/