MEDIAGLOBE Users Group Conference

  • Jason Talley
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2007
      MEDIAGLOBE USERS GROUP MEETING
      HARTNELL COLLEGE, SALINAS, CA
      AUGUST 16-18, 2007

      We are pleased to announce the 2007 national gathering of MEDIAGLOBE users
      this summer at Hartnell Community College in Salinas, Ca. From August 16th
      through August 18th, you and your staff are invited to join other MG users
      on California's beautiful Central Coast. You'll have a chance to network
      with other MG users by sharing presentation techniques, accomplishments and
      concerns. There will also be the opportunity to show your work and enhance
      your production skills.

      Planned sessions will cover such topics as:

      -Basic Star Media� script writing for MEDIAGLOBE I users
      -Secret Star Media� commands for MEDIAGLOBE I users
      -Creating fulldome images � MG I & MG II
      -Creating fulldome video with your production suite � MG I & MG II
      -In-depth use of the Adobe� production software � MG I & MG II
      -Tips to help streamline fulldome productions � MG I & MG II
      -Show production and the Law - MG I & MG II
      -A demonstration of MEDIAGLOBE II, next generation software/hardware
      -Special pre-conference training sessions for MEDIAGLOBE II users - August
      14 & 15

      The sessions will be informal and should be of interest to all levels of
      users. For those of you who want to "Be Your Own Producer," the meeting
      should provide a good foundation for creating your own show productions or
      updating and converting classic slide-style shows.

      The conference will be held in Salinas, Ca., the salad bowl of the world and
      the home of author John Steinbeck. Salinas is on Hwy 101, 50 miles south of
      San Jose and adjacent to the beautiful Monterey Peninsula. Both Salinas and
      the Monterey Peninsula enjoy a wonderfully mild summer climate, with an
      average high temperature of 68 degrees in August. The Monterey airport is
      20 minutes away and the San Jose airport, where better bargains can be
      found, is about one hour away. The J. Frederic Ching Planetarium at
      Hartnell College in Salinas has a 30-foot dome and installed a MEDIAGLOBE in
      April, 2004. Before, during and after the conference, there will be lots of
      opportunities to explore the fantastic scenery of the California Coast
      including Monterey, Carmel, Big Sur and, further north, San Francisco and
      northern California's famous wine country.

      There will be *no registration fees*, but you will be responsible for your
      own transportation and lodging. You will also be responsible for your meals
      before and after the conference, as well as one dinner during the
      conference. All other meals are being sponsored by Konica Minolta
      Planetariums and Audio Visual Imagineering.

      Please contact conference hosts Andy Newton and Andy Kreyche if you plan to
      attend and for lodging and transportation information. They can be contacted
      at anewton@... or akreyche@... or call them at
      831-755-6803. The sooner we have a commitment for attendance, the sooner we
      can send a detailed meeting agenda tailored to meet the attendee's
      MEDIAGLOBE needs.

      Submitted at the request of

      Andy Newton

      Director