"Monthly" Administrative Note

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2002
      I haven't posted my "monthly" administrative note in quite some time,
      since traffic has been light, and I hadn't gotten much in the way of
      questions or spurious posts. So I figured it's about time to remind
      everybody of the existence of this list.

      We've continued to grow, just so you know, up to 126 members now, all
      waiting eagerly for the next fulldome post. This particular (less
      than exciting) message simply covers some questions that occasionally
      come my way and helps to keep everybody on the same electronic page.
      Once upon a time, I posted something similar every month.

      To reiterate... The intended audience for this group is not limited
      to users of a particular system or a particular company. Both
      real-time and playback media fall under the purvey of the group,
      within the realm of both fulldome and panoramic video technologies.
      While philosophical speculation about the effect of this nascent
      technology on the planetarium medium also makes sense as a topic of
      discussion, the core purpose of this list should not stray to
      subjects better addressed on DOME-L or in other forums.

      I will moderate the list, approving both subscribers and postings.
      You may contact me directly by mailing to

      fulldome-owner@yahoogroups.com

      To send messages to members of this group, simply send email to

      fulldome@yahoogroups.com

      If you do not wish to belong to fulldome, you may unsubscribe at any
      time by sending an email to

      To tell your friends to subscribe, have them send a blank email to

      fulldome-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Also, note that many features are available online at the web site
      version of the list:

      Including access to a complete and up-to-date subscriber list and
      archives of all postings (even the ones from before you joined).
      Plus, you can change account options to have email sent to you in
      digested format or only collected online. You must sign up with your
      email address and enter a password in order to access these features.

      Also, you can respond to our ongoing poll, if you haven't already, on the web:

      You may also visit the Yahoo Groups web site to modify your subscriptions:

      Thanks for reading!

      Ryan Wyatt, Science Visualizer
      Rose Center for Earth & Space
      American Museum of Natural History
      79th Street & Central Park West
      New York, NY 10024
      212.313.7903 vox
      212.313.7868 fax
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7, 2002
        We seem to have entered a bit of a lull after the spate of IPS
        postings, so what better way to remind everybody of the existence of
        this list than my "monthly" administrative note?

        We now have 127 members now, all waiting eagerly for what *you* have
        to say on the topic of fulldome video systems -- hardware, software,
        production, operation, whatever! This particular (less than exciting)

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2003
          This message attempts to answer some questions that occasionally come
          my way and to keep everybody on the same electronic page. We're up
          to 139 members now, all eagerly awaiting to read what you have to
          write, so please share some thoughts with the fulldome community.
          (Any thoughts on standards, perhaps?)

[...]

          the web at: