Re: Loch Ness Productions Introduces "Seasonal STARGAZING": Fulldome Video Start

  • Jon Strawn
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2007
      "Mark C. Petersen" wrote:

      > Fulldome Video Star Talks... What? Are they crazy?

      > Nope. Think of it as updating the traditional green-arrow show for the
      > new digital millennium.

      I'd like to applaud the effort. I think that too many full-dome
      venue's focus upon just showing films instead of doing star talks, and
      this is a good middle ground for places that don't have the funding or
      staffing to do live shows all the time. On the other hand, as someone
      who is currently working as a presenter doing star talks, well, I have
      a bit of an idea how the horses felt when the first automobiles
      rolled down the street.

      Progress.
    • Schmidt Mickey D Civ USAFA/DF
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2007
        Mark, et.al.

        An excellent star story suitable to full dome action would be Jason and
        the Argonauts. Graphics would of course include the old Argo Navis
        constellation and its now component parts. Include Aries the Ram,
        Hercules, one of the heroes, Centaurus, Chiron the tutor of the heroes.
        I'm sure other items will come to mind when researching the story of the
        Search for the Golden Fleece.

        You'd do the story more justice than the recent travesty on television
        I'm sure.

        Mickey Schmidt