Fulldome planetaria in the US

  • Lance Tankersley
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 12, 2007
      Does anyone know the latest estimate of the number of fulldome theaters
      in the US?

      AND an estimated # of attendance per year to fulldome theaters?

      Thanks
      -Lance

      --
      *****
      Lance Tankersley
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 12, 2007
        This data comes from Loch Ness Full Dome listing. Check it out. 259
        World Wide and 131 US. 44 are affiliated with Colleges or Universities.

        Mickey Schmidt

        [Moderator's Note: The website is
        http://www.lochnessproductions.com/lfco/lfco.html
        --Ryan]
      • Wesam
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 13, 2007
          Hi Lance,

          You will find rich info for your answer in The Fulldome Theater
          Compendium Online! on Loch Ness Production site:

          http://www.lochnessproductions.com/lfco/lfco.html

          Many Thanks for Loch Ness Production for all the information that
          they provide on their site.

          Regards,

          Wesam Nabile
          Dubai Children's City
        • Mark C. Petersen
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 16, 2007
            You are welcome, Wesam.

            Fulldome is a growing, dynamic field, and the listings are continually
            increasing. I added several more this week.

            As to attendance... I have not received annual attendance reports from
            enough theaters to draw any "fulldome-only" summaries. What few
            attendance figures I do have can be seen in individual theater's online
            listings, however.

            So (Lance) -- I might suggest a good way to get attendance figures would
            be to provide some! [:)]

            I encourage all fulldome theater operators to visit

            http://www.lochnessproductions.com/lpc/formflt.html

            to submit Compendium Update forms.