"Extreme Planets" from the Clark Planetarium

  • Mike Murray
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2007
      Hi everyone,

      I thought I would give you all an update on our newest show production! I
      believe I mentioned a few months ago that the Clark Planetarium is producing
      a fulldome video show about extrasolar planets, particularly the search for
      earthlike worlds. The script was written by Ray Villard, News Director at
      the Space Telescope Science Institute and author of the book "Infinite
      Worlds." Just last weekend we had Rene Auberjonois narrate the script, who
      did a fabulous job! We're very excited about it. For those of you who
      don't recognize the name right away, remember the character "Odo" on Star
      Trek DS9 or Paul Lewiston on Boston Legal. However, he's done an amazing
      amount of voice work (check out http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0041281/)

      We've been visualizing the show since September, and the soundtrack will
      have special effects and 5.1 mixing by Skywalker Sound. It will be a full
      up 35-minute Feature Show. For more information about it, have a look at
      our Show Kits page at

      http://www.clarkplanetarium.org/distribution/ShowKits.htm

      The show is slated to open here on July 13 and will be available to other
      fulldome theaters immediately after that.

      Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!

      Cheers,
      Mike.

      Mike Murray
      Programs Manager