Re: Current Space Station Models

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 13, 2006
      [Great minds think alike. I just hit "send" on the following when
      Kristian's message came through.]

      > Has anyone made, have, or is able to share up to date 3D Studio Max
      > models of the current and planned International Space Station
      > configuration? I'm looking for one with full textures, rather than
      > just a wire frame.

      Well, the Celestia Motherlode has an ISS in 3DS format:
      http://www.celestiamotherlode.net/catalog/satellites.php

      You might want to reflect briefly on the legal issues involved, although
      they should be minimal. From the website:
      http://www.celestiamotherlode.net/legal.html

      "The Celestia Motherlode (CM) is a web site that redistributes files
      listed on this site, as provided by their creators, either via them
      uploading their files to the CM web site, or by allowing free
      downloads of their files from their web site.

      "All Copyrights are fully retained by the file creators. Additional
      Copyrights may apply to files included in archive files, and are
      also retained by their creators. No claims of ownership of any file
      are made by CM.

      "We believe that all files on CM, including their contents, are freely
      distributable for NON-commercial use. However, we depend on
      assertions made by the file creator that these files are unrestricted.
      If you believe that this is not the case, please notify us of the file
      name in question, and on what page it is located. Upon notification,
      we will remove download access to the file while we investigate
      your claim.

      "Please also contact the file creator directly about this matter. To do
      so, their email address may be included in a text file contained within
      the archive file. Or, navigate to the page where the file is accessible
      and click on their name, if it is a link. This will point your browser
      to the creator's web site. Then, look for a contact email address
      on their homepage."

      Ryan, a.k.a.
      Ryan Wyatt, Science Visualizer
      Rose Center for Earth & Space
      American Museum of Natural History
      79th Street at Central Park West
      New York, NY 10024
    • Tom Casey
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 3, 2010
        It's that time of the year again and here's a link to our annual
        holiday image... have a good one!

        http://www.homerunpictures.com/holidaygreetings2010/

        H o m e R u n P i c t u r e s

        Tom Casey
        President & Creative Director

        100 First Avenue - Suite 450
        Pittsburgh, PA 15222
        412-391-8200
        mailto:tom@...
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 3, 2010
          OOPS... the link is going to last years page for some reason...
          here's the correct image...

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 27, 2011
            It's that time again and here's a link to our annual holiday image... this year, we worked a holiday story off of an animation we just produced... there is a 3k fulldome format version also.

            Have a good one!

            Tom

            http://www.homerunpictures.com/holidaygreetings2011/

            H o m e R u n P i c t u r e s