Ultra High-Res live action video for fulldome by LivinGlobe

  • harald_singer
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2006
      To all you fulldome people,

      Because this subject is more and more in the focus of the discussion
      in the immersive theatre market, we would like to present our "state
      of the art" production techniques. LivinGlobe is the pioneer in
      capturing live action for fulldome video projection. In 2003 we did
      the worldwide first Immersive Cinema movie R+J (Romeo and Juliet)
      with real actors in real sets. This movie was produced in 3.2 k and
      shot with a traditional 35 mm camera.

      In 2005 we took the next step forward: we developed and tested a new
      production method., the UHR technique (Ultra High-Res). Using this
      highly advanced production pipeline we have been able to produce a
      fulldome test film ("The Magic Pumpkin"
      http://www.technology.livinglobe.com with real actors on real
      locations in 6k (! in words: six thousand). The Magic Pumpkin is a
      fulldome live action film of the highest production quality

      Kevin Beaulieu, Wispir Studios, LLC, responsible for postproduction &
      compositing development, describes:

      "This production process - "UHR technique" - is the first of its
      kind, and allows for the development of up to 8000x8000 pixels per
      frame of deliverable fulldome content. Through the use of advanced
      compositing methods, we are able to take component images, each at
      extremely high resolution and compile them into a complete fulldome
      plate whose final displayable resolution is greater than the sum of
      the individual components. By taking advantage of the unique
      qualities of each individual component, we can achieve greater
      resolution than using single device capture techniques. This filming
      and compositing process is suitable for the production of ultra clean
      4000x4000 content; native 6000x6000 content, and enhanced 8000x8000
      content - each resolution step producing a pristine and cinema
      quality fulldome viewing experience."

      LivinGlobe as a film-production company is dedicated to the
      production of full dome films. As we all know there are tough
      conditions outside in the film financing world. The production know-
      how of producing these ultra-high-res fulldome videos (without using
      an IMAX camera) is the main capital of our company. So, if you plan
      a live capturing or simple the production of bits and pieces in high-
      res for the dome – do not hesitate to give us a call.

      Harald Singer / Bettina Pfaendner
      LivinGlobe

      +49-89-322998530
      +49-172-3905550