Re: Fulldome theaters in Google Earth

  • david mcconville
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 10, 2006
      Mark,

      This is brilliant - something that I was hoping you'd be obsessive enough
      to do! Do you have a single KML data layer that shows all of the theaters
      at once?

      thanks,
      david

      --------------------------
      david mcconville
      http://www.elumenati.com
      612.605.0826 x5
      ----------
    • Mark C. Petersen
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 10, 2006
        Well, yes, it took a long time to do and required obsession.

        The single KML data layer you requested did not exist until you
        requested it, David. See:
        http://www.lochnessproductions.com/lfco/lfco.html

        You're welcome.

        As you might expect, fulldome theaters tend to accumulate where the
        population does.

        >> Mark

        ** Our Internet and e-mail addresses have changed **
        ** from lochness.com to lochnessproductions.com. **
        ** Please update your address book and Web links! **
        Mark C. Petersen, Loch Ness Productions
        http://www.lochnessproductions.com
        <http://www.lochnessproductions.com/index2.html>
        _____________________ GEODESIUM ____________________
      • david mcconville
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 10, 2006
          Mark,

          Your obsessiveness is delightful. But I'm not seeing the link for the full
          layer. Am I missing something obvious?

          A million, or at least over 200, thanks!

          david

          --------------------------
          david mcconville
          http://www.elumenati.com
          612.605.0826 x5
          ----------

          [Editor's note: look for "FULLDOME.kml Placemarks file" in the upper
          right corner of the content frame. --Ryan]
        • Mark C. Petersen
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 10, 2006
            david mcconville asked:

            >Your obsessiveness is delightful. But I'm not seeing the link for the full
            >layer. Am I missing something obvious?

            The usual... trash your cache or hit Reload on the page.

          • daniel.donnelly@optusnet.com.au
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 11, 2006
              Mark,

              My highest commendations to Lochness Productions for what you have compiled.

              To date, your listing is the most user friendly and time efficient resource for locating Fulldome theater, regardless of geographical location.

              Perhaps, A link on the Wiki Fulldome page may prove beneficial, less personal contact details?

              Daniel Donnelly.
            • Martin Howe
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 11, 2006
                Mark,

                Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant,

                Well done and thanks, it always looks like there's more when you can
                'see' them!

                Martin

                Martin Howe
                Vice President, Visualization