RE: [fulldome] News from AMNH -- from Vendors, Too?

  • Schmidt Mickey Civ 50 TS/CC
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 18, 2001
      No Project yet! but encouraging sounds from higher level commanders. I have
      begun collecting information regarding available systems; costs,
      capabilities, equipment needs, software needs memory needs, man-power needs
      and building requirements. As soon as I get materials collected I will make
      a presentation regarding possible systems related to levels of funding. We
      are looking 1 to 3 yrs down range. I realize systems may change a lot in 3
      years so I have asked vendors to make suggestions based on their best guess
      of capabilities. We are looking for the "normal" play back system for
      tourist and school shows but would like to see systems described which are
      capable of real time, interactive, programs to simulate war-gaming, mission
      review, and engineering problems, and other academic research.

      We have asked for what we hope are sufficient funds for a high performance
      system, but if full funding should not occur we may select a more modest
      system. Commanders would like data from all vendors of full dome systems.

      Mickey Schmidt