      From: fulldome@yahoogroups.com [mailto:fulldome@yahoogroups.com]
      Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 12:41 PM
      To: fulldome@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [fulldome] Perception: See Beyond the Illusion opens at the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center

      We just opened a great new Fulldome show.
      Perception: See Beyond the Illusion
      is a presentation by World Champion of Magic Jason Latimer and the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center.
      I have to admit, at first I was not thrilled by this idea. But Jason's presentation and emphasis on science and perception won me over completely.
      He is very scientifically minded, and his emphasis on wonder and creativity is inspiring.
      This is a live stage presentation that combines the illusionists art and FullDome visuals in a unique way.
      We have been very busy creating it! I've been scripting effects, video and still images along with Jason's producer Daniel Urbach. Jason and Daniel quickly grasped the FullDome concept and we began using it in interesting ways.
      We are animating all-sky images by changing their scale and position over time, playing Fulldome segments that are interspersed with stills, traditional "flat screen movies" in various areas of the dome, and astronomy segments.
      I have to say too that it is largely the Sky-Skan software that makes this possible. I created a series of scripts that are triggered by buttons that play audio and/or visual cues.
      We added an extension to our small stage, and even removed the first two rows of seats to give Jason more room. The front row is now extremely close as he combines physics, psychology, chemistry, mathematics and technology with his amazing effects. The dome is utilized to expand and illustrate the concepts from the stage show.
      For several segments a camera and smaller video projector are used, allowing everyone a close up view. The camera shots are blended into a dome filling graphic of a beautiful theater. Many challenges are found when a live presentation is combined with dome filling visuals, but I believe we have a good combination.
      Jason's unique take on science and visual perceptions are the bedrock of this new and different show.
       I think this is the first Illusionist show in a dome theater.
      Has anyone else done this before? I'd like to hear about it if so.
      It plays at 3:30 and 4:30 PM on Friday, Saturday and Sunday through the end of August ONLY!
      If you are interested, Jason would like to present the show in other domes.

      More information here:
      http://rhfleet.org/shows/perception-see-beyond-illusion
      Jason's YouTube site
      https://www.youtube.com/user/wcmlatimer