44752014 IMERSA Summit presentations

  • marklnp
    Mar 20, 2014
      Hi, all.
      I’ve posted Web versions of three presentations I made at the recent IMERSA Summit, as articles in the Loch Ness Productions Reference library.

      First up: what’s become an almost annual tradition — my State of the Dome Address This time around, my talk was a bit more condensed than in previous years, but there’s plenty of food for thought provided, as I review how our profession is faring in these times of economic stress.

      Then, in two other panel discussions, I offered some insights about how we work. At conferences like IMERSA, instead of passing around business cards, attendees are often seen passing around hard drives; we picked up a couple ourselves. Here at Loch Ness Productions, we get in hard drives from show producers on a regular basis — and I have to be organized, donning my IT officer hat, when dealing with the massive amounts of data.

      In Ingestion Indigestion, I discuss what exactly I want to see on the hard drives we take in… and what I don’t!

      Then, in Using After Effects to make fulldome movies for distribution, I discuss what exactly I do with the frames and audio on those hard drives once they’re ingested.

      Hope you find them useful!

      >> Mark

       Mark C. Petersen
       Loch Ness Productions, Post Office Box 924  Nederland, Colorado 80466-0924 USA
       +1 303 642 7250 phone www.lochnessproductions.com
       Facebook: www.facebook.com/lochnessproductions Twitter: www.twitter.com/thenessies
       Subscribe to our blog: http://lochnessproductions.com/lnpblog/