4448RE: [fulldome] Fulldome simulation of the evolution of the Universe?

  • Christopher Hudson
    Feb 24, 2014

      Congratulations Mario on getting such a grant.  It sounds the way to go with fulldome art.  Let me know if you want to do something Newcastle-based.

      Don't know if these might help:

      For free fulldome material, there is some now rather elderly material from HubbleSOURCE on  'Cosmic Cruising' , galaxy collisions and a globular cluster.  All fairly short, but I've used the 'Cosmic Cruising' as background...

      http://hubblesource.stsci.edu/sources/video/dome/

      Back in 2005 Carlos Frenk and the Institute for Computational Cosmology produced a 3D anaglyph movie which is perhaps the sort of thing you are thinking off although it's obviously not full dome.

      http://icc.dur.ac.uk/index.php?content=News/RoySoc05Pics

      Carlos has been generous with his time to the Centre for Life in the past and might be worth approaching for a collaboration.  They certainly have the simulation data!

      Chris

      Christopher Hudson

      Planetarium Supervisor
      Centre for Life
      Management Suite
      Times Square
      Newcastle upon Tyne
      NE1 4EP

      Tel: +44 191 2438220
      Fax: +44 191 2438201
      Email: Christopher.Hudson@...

      Don’t miss Brick City from 8 March – 21 April, an exhibition of architectural landmarks made in LEGO bricks.

      The greatest show (and and tell) on Earth, Maker Faire UK, returns to Life on 26 and 27 April.

      BODY WORLDS Vital, the exhibition of real human bodies, comes to Life from 17 May – 2 November.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic