4446When galaxies form abruptly...

  • Matthew Linke
    Feb 23, 2014
      Hi,

      So I am filling my kitchen sink to do some dishes. Company is coming.
      Suddenly I notice that a spiral galaxy has spontaneously formed in my
      sink. Great. Just great. Can't get away from work for a minute. Now I
      have billions of stars messing up my sink. Super novae, nebulae, Dark
      Matter, and black holes-- that will probably all leave stains. Okay. A
      black hole in the sink might prove useful. Anyway, then there are all the
      sentient species demanding to carry on with their lives, each knowing that
      it is a double sink kitchen.

      Sometimes Sunday mornings are just too much!

      Hope yours is better,

      Matt Linke

      --
      Matthew Linke
      Planetarium Director

      University of Michigan Museum of Natural History Planetarium
      Room 4508 Museums
      1109 Geddes Ave.
      Ann Arbor, MI 48109
      734-647-1381 (voice)