4439Re: [fulldome] Science Education in America

  • Ken
    Feb 7, 2014
      I would also endorse the use of Robin Sip's Natural Selection. It tells a great story, and is replete with several examples of how natural selection works.
      Also, Mark Slater's musical score is nothing short of inspirational!

      But to circle back to our 'evangelical role', http://www.ted.com/talks/alain_de_botton_atheism_2_0.html is a ted talk by Alain de Botton that emphasizes the articulate and surgical use of 'religious techniques' to help guide non-religious pursuits-in our case, furthering science education.

      I think that Bill Nye did an outstanding job of not giving in to the fallacious arguments presented by Ken Ham.  Instead, he remained evidence-based, and emphasized examination of the evidence as a 'reasonable man'.

      We would do well to amplify and articulate his message to the audiences and students we reach.

      Note that I am not speaking 'ex cathedra', but am expressing my own personal views.

      Ken Brandt
      Director, Robeson Planetarium and Science Center

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic