4437Science Education in America

  • Mike George
    Feb 6, 2014
      Tuesday night's debate between Bill Nye and Ken Ham highlighted that we, as informal and formal educators, have a long way to go in educating the public about science, theories of origins (life and cosmological), and the scientific method. We should renew ourselves to this mission. I encourage everyone in the planetarium field to run shows like Mirage3D's Natural Selection. Build excitement about the show by making it a community event. Have the press come down and cover the show's release. Have someone like Bill Nye (or whomever you can get) to come and give a talk about the importance of science education in America today and for its future. This is too important of an issue and too much is at stake.

      Mike George
      Senior Manager of Planetarium and Science Visualization
      Arizona Science Center
      Phone: 602-716-2079 | Fax: 602-716-2099

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic