4329[fulldome] mind-blowing immersive visual music experiences - experience of one planetarium

  • dparson
    Dec 16, 2013
      Christopher wrote:

      > Can we sell fulldome as a musical experience?

      We have been doing some research into interactive planetarium simulation-game-as-musical instrument, see

      [http://bit.ly/IQYe01]
      http://faculty.kutztown.edu/parson/pubs/NIME2012_Parson_47_Final_Manuscript.pdf

      [http://on.fb.me/1kaAn9T]
      https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151412887095117.823610.579770116&type=3&l=f7e8d0b3f5

      [http://on.fb.me/1kQsuUr]
      https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152081496660117.900146.579770116&type=1&l=f43c2f3550

      based on prior work with this:

      [http://bit.ly/Ju5Ghz]
      http://bibliolore.org/2012/05/16/scrabble-music/

      Local talent, and headed toward a greater degree of audience participation using mobile devices.

      I think there is product potential with this. Haven't had time to dwell on that yet. Production software takes a lot of time for a professor with a 12-credit teaching load and an increasing number of undergrads who want to do research with me in a planetarium. I'm even doing labs with entry-level Photoshop/Illustrator students:

      [http://on.fb.me/1hfydDp]
      https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153570284520117.1073741837.579770116&type=1&l=3a99e74900

      I think *interactive* may be the key.

      Dale Parson