4327LIPS* 2014 survey result

  • bergieberglund
    Dec 16 7:24 AM
      * LIPS = Live Interactive Planetarium Symposium

      Hi all,

      Thank you to everyone who cast votes in the online survey that closed Friday afternoon. We had 80 respondents, compared to 43 who voted for the 2012 location. Time will tell if the 2014 LIPS is the largest one yet...

      The voting was close, but Mystic Seaport won the most votes. You can write the dates in ink on your calendar for next summer: August 13-15.

      If you voted and are curious about the responses to question 2 about the best timing, please contact me off list: karrie AT DigitalisEducation.com . That data will be used for longer term planning--LIPS 2015 and beyond.

      I also want to extend a big thank you to Spitz, Inc. for offering to host. As anyone who has hosted a conference knows, it is A LOT of work, and I appreciate Spitz's willingness to put in that work in support of live planetarium programming.

      Stay tuned for more information on LIPS 2014 travel, registration, etc., which will be posted in the next couple of months. In the meantime, you can learn a bit about LIPS by visiting the website:
      http://LIPSymposium.org

      Please note that LIPS is for anyone and everyone who does live planetarium lessons (or wants to start doing live lessons). It doesn't matter whether you teach in a portable or a fixed dome, with a digital system or a starball.

      Happy holidays to all of you, and I look forward to seeing many of you in Mystic, Connecticut next August!

      Sincerely,
      Karrie
      ---
      Karrie Berglund, Director of Education